Feel free to use the templates below - they are not mandatory. If your thesis complies with the below minimum requirements, it is ready for printing in the AAU design.
- Page format: 170 mm x 240 mm. (This applies to all pages including articles that are to be printed along with the thesis itself)
- Margins (top, bottom, right, left): 25 mm.
- Page number and header: Placed centrally top and bottom.
- Font type: Use only Windows/MAC standard fonts (e.g. Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Minion Pro, Baskerville, Garamond etc.).
- All pages in the PDF must be placed vertically (portrait)
Recommended Font Size
The fonts are written as font size / spacing, e.g. body text is font size 10pt and line spacing set to 12pt.
- Body text: 10pt / 12pt line spacing
- Quotations: Italics
Please notice that new chapters must start on a right-hand page. This can be secured in Word by using the "Breaks" functionality and choosing "Odd page".