Feel free to use the templates below - they are not mandatory. If your thesis complies with the below minimum requirements, it is ready for printing in the AAU design.
The PhD student is responsible for the format of the thesis and for the thesis to comply with the minimum requirements.
Below you find guides for Word and Latex.
Aalborg University Press can help with questions regarding the InDesign template and PDF format.
- Page format: 170 mm x 240 mm. (This applies to all pages including articles that are to be printed along with the thesis itself)
- Margins (top, bottom, right, left): 25 mm.
- Page number and header: Placed centrally top and bottom.
- Font type: Use only Windows/MAC standard fonts (e.g. Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Minion Pro, Baskerville, Garamond etc.).
- All pages in the PDF must be placed vertically (portrait)
Recommended Font Size
The fonts are written as font size / spacing, e.g. body text is font size 10pt and line spacing set to 12pt.
- Body text: 10pt / 12pt line spacing
- Quotations: Italics
Please notice that new chapters must start on a right-hand page. This can be secured in Word by using the "Breaks" functionality and choosing "Odd page".